We are living through a strange and difficult period of history right now. The news is full of stories that reflect and sow yet more division, hatred, and fear. Everywhere you look there is tumult and uncertainty. And the future feels uncertain at times. Both as a society, and for us as individuals as we try to navigate this ever changing reality.
We feel lost and confused. What is our purpose? Where should we focus? How can we find meaning in our lives?
There is an appetite among the introverted and highly sensitive creative people I work with, to see the world with new eyes. And to bring this vision into practice through eyes of love, connection, and gentleness. In other words, true strength, courage, and power. This is the path to self-acceptance, true belonging, and living a life of meaning and passion.
I asked some friends of mine the following questions:
- What positively drives you in your day to day life?
- How do you know when it's time to recharge your batteries?
- What is your go-to source of self-care and rest?
- If you could wave a magic wand, what would you change about the world right now?
- If you could share just one message, what would you want people to know, believe, or feel about themselves?
- Knowing what you know now, what would you say to a younger version of yourself by way of encouragement, reassurance, or inspiration?
Serenity In The Trenches is a collection of their responses, and an invitation to think about your own answers too.
If you are feeling a bit hopeless and helpless right now I'd love to invite you to check this free series out.