Welcome to The Haven
A Creative Sanctuary of Tranquility, Growth, and Belonging
This is your Haven. A virtual world of encouragement, inspiration, and community for people like you, who want to find the tranquility, joy, and creative courage to thrive on their own terms, in a self-destructively hyperactive, unresting, angry world.
If you’re an introverted and/or sensitive person, chances are, at some point, you’ve been made to feel different. Like you don’t quit fit ‘The Mould’. And that if you want to survive in this world you need to toughen up and bend yourself out of your own natural shape, and into some “right” way to be human.
Perhaps you’ve read a few articles, watched some videos, and listened to people talk about the fact that you’re not broken. There’s nothing wrong with you.
And actually your introversion and sensitivity are windows into a unique set of gifts that you can learn to embrace and enjoy…
So what becomes possible when you connect with ideas and other people who do ‘get it’?
Everything changes when you find people who get you. People to whom you don’t need to explain yourself, or hide those real parts of yourself from. Those fellow gentle rebels you can be 100% yourself around, and feel completely accepted.
There are SO many benefits of learning to accept, understand, and grow in who you are as an introvert, in your gentleness, sensitivity, and creativity.
For example it:
- Liberates you to imagine the future YOU want, and let go of the expectations and ‘shoulds’ people have forced on you
- Reduces anxiety
- Eliminates feelings of loneliness
- Increases inner calm and peace with the present
- Removes the belief that you’re not enough
- Improves overall health and wellbeing
- Increases opportunities to meet new people and collaborate on weird and wonderful projects
- Increases creativity
- Releases your limiting beliefs
- Improves your most important relationships
- Increases your confidence to pursue things that matter most
- And much more
With gentle mentoring, consistent encouragement, and caring community support, we can find the freedom to not only survive better, but to truly thrive in our lives.
When we connect to new ideas and life-changing tools, we can find new levels of serenity and confidence. And this leads us towards a special place of belonging, in a world that until now, has never quite felt like home.
- Do you sometimes get blown off course by expectations, demands, and values that don’t fit with who you are deep down?
- Are you occasionally (or often) made to feel like your hopes and dreams are stupid, by people who just don’t value or see things in the same way you do?
- Do you look on from the sidelines, wishing things were as easy for you as they seem for other people?
- Do you feel like you’ve been “hit for six” after hostile and heated conversations?
- Did you grow up having your introverted and/or sensitive temperament misunderstood and judged by those who told you to ‘speak up more’, and constantly asked, ‘why are you so quiet?’
- Have you learned to see your natural sensitivity or introversion as a character flaw?
- Do you sometimes hold back from doing what you really want to do because you don’t believe you have what it takes to succeed?
If you nodded your head at any of those, then know you’re not alone…
The only mistake you can possibly make, is allowing those stories to define your future.
It’s time to write a brand new chapter, and to let go of the beliefs that we attached to about who we are, what we’re capable of, and how we should live our lives.
The problem is, it’s not easy to know what to do or where to focus first.
Even when we know that 50% of all people are introverted, and 25% of the world’s population is highly sensitive. There is still so much weight to the stories we’ve lugged around with us all our lives. Myths that have led us into beliefs about sensitivity, gentleness, and creativity.
“The Haven provides a safe space for quiet rebels to learn how to take care of themselves, excel in their own way, and feel understood and accepted. It’s perfect for the quietly ambitious!”
What You Will Find Inside The Haven village:
Check out this month’s resources as we explore a one of the nine focus areas of personal growth.
Delve into the deep archive of previous interviews, video/audio, and articles. You’ll never run out of things to inspire and focus you.
Put your feet up and relax with one of the Letters to Francis Gray (a living record of how sensitivity shows up in my own life).
Or work through one of the ever growing selection of short courses to help you make practical strides forwards in an important area of your own life.
Find kindred spirits in the community area. Share what you’re up to, encourage other people, and bring any questions, struggles, or observations to the hive. And join us for the Live Café Hour on Zoom, where you can connect with fellow members and focus on whatever you need time and space to work on right now.
At the end of each season, three times throughout the year, you’ll get a slice of The Haven, in Your Letterbox. All you’ve got to do is let me know where you’d like it sent! It’s a precious thing to receive real letters in this age of digital content overload.
“The depth of Andy’s wisdom continues to amaze me. He expands on his wisdom in true artist style with the people he invites to share of their experience for you to learn in a way that inspires and gives you a sense that you have discovered your tribe.”
“Highly Sensitive People are born with a certain cluster of traits that is often described as a sixth sense. They are extremely perceptive, intuitive, and observant, with finer discrimination than most of us. They may stay away from social engagements because they dread the agonising flooding of their senses.”
– Marti Olsen-Laney (The Introvert Advantage)
“Andy’s authenticity, generosity in giving credit to others as well as his fresh and insightful thoughts has generated a great space. I am positively addicted to this supporting community of creative, fun and goodhearted people.”
“I look forward to each month’s topics and how they will enhance my way of being in the world. What an incredible resource!!”