What does wellbeing look and feel like to you?
Personality is a complex thing. Who we are and how we act stretches far deeper than our introversion and high sensitivity. We have autonomy over our goals, aspirations, and personal projects which in turn can actively shape who we are and what we experience.
Professor Brian Little is the author of Me, Myself, and Us: The Science of Personality and the Art of Well-being. I first came across his work through his superb TEDx talk, Confessions of a Passionate Introvert, which has now had more than 100,000 views.
In this video you will discover:
- How our personal constructs provide degrees of freedom to our lives
- The dangers of limited constructs (including introvert vs extrovert)
- How our personalities are influenced by three natures
- Why introvert vs extrovert is only a small part of the personality picture
- The vital difference between the pursuit of happiness and the happiness of pursuit
- How to make free trait agreements and find restorative niches
- The importance of knowing when to act out of character
- Why creative flow can tell us a great amount about our own values and joy
- How to identify the personal projects worth pursuing to us as individuals