Join Forums Pop Ups Technical issue

• Technical issue

Posted by David on November 23, 2020 at 1:02 am

Hello Folks!

I’m sorry, I am having no luck with embedding videos here and I am leaving a trail of posts 🙁. It appears not possible to delete old posts? So I will hang on for now. Hopefully I’ll have them up later this week.

Best wishes,

David.

David replied 1 year, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Lorraine

November 23, 2020 at 1:56 am
    Lemon Drizzle
    Active Havenite

Hello David.

Your patience with the tech issues is commendable. I know that Andy, the “key master,” has the magic wand to delete a post as needed. Drop him an email, I’m sure he will assist.

Looking forward to meditating with you.

Peace,

Lorraine

• Tuula

November 23, 2020 at 6:43 am
    Doughnut
    Assistant Coordinator and Sous Chef

Hi David! Thank you for patiently trying.

I’m sure Andy will help you soon – as you noticed, we can’t delete our posts.

I’m not sure how it works with Vimeo videos, but with YouTube videos you have to paste the url to TEXT window – just plain url, no ‘iframe, embed etc.’ code. That is how I can add videos. We have noticed before that adding videos works differently for Andy, don’t know why. But as said, Andy is your man now…

• Andy

Administrator
    November 23, 2020 at 9:24 am
    Doughnut
    Founder

We’re on it. Hoping that the embed will work now, once the privacy settings are changed back.

And I will see if a delete option for your own posts is a nice quick cheap thing to add. It seems ridiculous that you can’t do that!

• David

November 25, 2020 at 10:13 pm
    Breadstick
    Active Havenite

Thank you Lorraine & Tuula for your support and encouragement.

I have been further held up as I had to have an emergency tooth extraction on Monday, and yesterday I was managing the pain. I’m feeling much better now.

I have contacted Andy and he has done some moving around in the back end and so I will see if I have any better luck now.

Best wishes, David.